Thursday, 24 March 2016

The All-About-Me Post / The Secret Life of A Book Blogger Tag

Instagram: @zoe_zosie

Hello everyone! So in my last post, I was tagged by my friend, Alex, who you may know as the admin of https://bookscatsandmaths.wordpress.com, who does amazing book reviews by the way, to do this tag. Now, I know that I'm not a book blogger and that I've only done a couple of reviews here but I love reading and I can't stop doing it (100 books and counting!). So, let's do this:

How long have you been a blogger?

Come next month and TABIT will be a year old! I honestly had no idea I would stick with a hobby for so long because my attention span is shorter than a peanut, but hey, we made it!

At what point do you think you will stop?

I honestly don't know. There are times when I get on this creative spurt and write loads of stuff, and then, there are times when I can't think of anything. I sometimes feel like I'm going nowhere with this blog but then the views shoot up and I reconsider.
I started this blog because I needed a place to practice my crappy writing and it has helped me a lot. In fact, I don't think any writer worth his/her salt can ever stop practicing.
The other thing is, I really like ranting on my blog. This is my medium to talk about all the things I feel passionate about and feel like no one listens to. There were so many times I had been disappointed that I couldn't express my view to more than a handful of people or that people weren't passionate enough; this blog has given me the opportunity to do exactly that, ergo, I am very grateful for it.
So in the end, I don't think I'll stop anytime soon. I haven't seen the future, and I kinda like the whole living-in-the-moment ideal.

What is the best thing?

The best thing about having a blog is the feeling you get when a random reader tells you that they liked a particular article or that they really like my writing style. When I started this, my friends were the only ones who read my blog and would offer me pieces of encouragement (Still do!) and it would give me hope that maybe, someday, someone would notice the important articles and not just the funny tumblr posts.
The fact that people actually read my work, makes me feel special. Euphoric even.

What is the worst thing?

Editing a post. When I'm in a writing whirl, I kinda get lost in the action. I'm so engrossed into typing out my thoughts that I make so many stupid mistakes. Mistakes that would make my English teacher wring her hands in shame.
What's even worse is when I publish an article and notice the typo later. Mortifying. It feels like the whole Internet now knows that I'm an incorrigible idiot who's confused with "affect" and "effect".

How long does it take you to create/find photos?

My secret is Pinterest. It has made my life SO MUCH easier. But there are times when it's quite difficult finding a picture that accurately describes my post. but for the most part, I manage.

Who's your book crush?


Honestly? THERE ARE SO MANY!!! But currently it's Julian Blackthorn from Lady Midnight, who said the classy line above, Peter Parker because I'm re-reading my comics and I have fallen in love with him all over again, Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, and Will Trainer (because I always fall in love with Wills).

My all time book crushes are: Jace Herondale, Will Herondale, Fred Weasley, Jem Carstairs, Theodore Finch, Julian from The Famous Five, Fitzwilliam Darcy, Peter Pevensie, Sirius Black, Clint Barton, Jon Stark, Nick O'Leary from Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist and Dash from Dash and Lily's Book of Dares.
There are so many more but I'll stop there. You get the gist. Real life just doesn't match up.

Which author would you like to have on your blog?

Honestly, there are so many authors that I admire a lot. One author I'd really like to interview would be Stephen King, who got me into the whole writing gig in the first place. He's the one who actually made me realize that: 'Hey, I can do something serious about this!'.
Another author I have a lot of questions for is Kristin Cashore. She writes so beautifully and I have a whole list of things I'd like to ask her about her world.

What do you wear when you write your blog?

Sweatpants. Too big t-shirts. Headphones. My dad likes to call it my "Pretending-to-be-creative" look. Thanks for all the love dad. So much for being the supportive parent.

How long does it take you to prepare?

It depends. It could all be done in an hour OR it could take months. IT DEPENDS.

How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?

I think that we're one of the nicest, most accepting communities in the world for one thing that books have taught us is that everyone is beautiful, no matter what they look like or where they come from. It's the one place I feel fully accepted for being who I am. And I am very thankful for that.

What do you think one should do to have a successful blog?

You need a target audience; you then need to work your content on that. Advertising is also very important. It's what pulls your readers to your blog. But in the end, be true to who you are, as a person. Changing your opinions to make your readers happy is not a good thing and no good blogger/journalist does that. But that doesn't mean that you should be offensive, You need to respect others stance on matters if you want your views to be respected. It's all give and take over here.

And that's it!

If you liked that, let me know what you think at: tellTABIT@gmailcom
You can also follow me on twitter : @zoe_zosie

Happy Easter weekend people! And if you don't celebrate it, enjoy the holidays.

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment