Friday, 19 February 2016

Harper Lee is dead

I

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with immense regret that I share with you the news that Nelle Harper Lee died yesterday, the 18th of February, 2016.

We have lost the one of the greatest literary masters our world has had to produce. And along with the world, I mourn the loss of her genius and the fact that I would never get to read more of her work. 

This woman was a lawyer, an author and someone who shed light on the plight of racism. She gave us Atticus Finch, who in many ways, was a bit of all of our fathers, And she taught us that we are no better than anyone else.

It is not always, that someone so amazing is amongst us, ergo, it is very difficult not to mourn them. I may not have known Ms. Lee at all. I was just a speck in her nebulae of fans. But she affected my life profoundly and I would not have been the same person I am, if Ms. lee hadn't written To Kill a Mockingbird.

You gave all of us hope in ourselves and many of us aspire to be like you and follow in your footsteps. Thank you for giving us a future and living such a beautiful life.

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment