Sunday, 22 November 2015

An Open Letter to the guy who despises Glamour



Dear Mr. James Smith,

You have managed to create quite a controversy for yourself. Not only have you managed to create quite a ruckus on my facebook feed, but you have also succeeded to brainwash people to agree with your opinion by lieu of sympathy. Why am I so harsh on you? Because YOU ARE NOT A HERO IN THE FIELD OF WOMAN'S RIGHTS. YOU ARE NOT A GOOD ROLE MODEL FOR CHILDREN. YOU ARE JUST, I REPEAT, JUST ANOTHER TRANSPHOBIC IDIOT. That is all that you are.

I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on you. But here's what you did that contributed to creating this post:

You recently penned a letter to Cindy Leive, the editor-in-chief of Glamour Magazine. You told her that you were returning the The Glamour Woman of the Year award awarded to his wife P.O. Moira Smith who was killed in action during the 9/11 attacks.

Now, I am not going to say that I understand your loss. Because I don't. I did not lose someone I love to the hands of vile beings who call themselves men. I don't know. And yes, she died a hero. There is no denying that.

But that is not the concern of this article. My concern is that you are manipulating your loss to to disguise trans phobia, which I don't think your wife would have approved of. But then again, I don't know her. Secondly, I don't think it should be your decision, whether or not to return the award given to your WIFE. Because your wife was made Glamour Women of the Year, not you.

Furthermore, it really annoys me how you keep referring to Caitlyn Jenner as a "male", even though the State of California has declared her legally "female". So not only are you denying a court order, but you're also being incredibly stupid.

Also, I don't understand how awarding a transgender could insult your wife's memory. I mean, many women have received the Glamour Woman of the Year award after P.O. Moira Smith. Did they insult your wife's memory too? If no, the how is acknowledging the bravery of someone trying to be them self and fighting for the rights and raising awareness about transgenders be any different?

It may be true, that Caitlyn Jenner may not be perfect, but are any of us? Are you perfect Mr. Smith? Unless you can provide proof stating you are, I don't think you have the right to judge others unfairly.

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment