Monday, 12 October 2015

Things I'm grateful for this year

1. My Father.
No literally. I don't know what I'd do without him. Hes always there whenever I need him. He never leaves me (no matter how tempting it must be at times). And no matter what I do or how bad a situation I get myself into, he always supports me and bails me out. I love you daddy. Thank you so much for spoiling me rotten.

2. God.
And no. I don't mean this in the ridiculous cultist way. But thank you anyway. You listened to a lot of angry rants this year and the last. So thank you for not smiting me down.

3. My Mother
Yes, there have been times when I've wanted to scream my lungs out and run away from you, but I do love your crazy persona. Very much. And even though it drives me up the wall most of the time,I don't think I can live without you.

4. Foram Pathak
The list of things I need to thank you for is endless You put up with all my bullcrap, my mood swings and activistic periods. I can tell you anything without regretting or censoring my words. Sure, you don't really understand what I'm going on all the time, but you try to. And THAT, is enough for me. Not to mention that you read this blog regularly and are my number one critic. So yes, I AM SUPER GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU IN MY LIFE. I don't know where I'd be without you.

5. Guy-who-shall-not-be-named-from-India
You know who you are. My best friend knows who you are. God dammit, even my sister knows who you are. And while it should be stated here that you are a clueless asshole, you did help me clear out my thoughts and helped in the self-actualization process. So yes, thank you for being my go to Grammar Nazi while we were friends, thank you for being an asshole and increasing my standards in men.

And to all my readers,it's Thanksgiving in Canada, so Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your family.

Yours,
Zoe Summers

2 comments: