Friday, 31 July 2015

The 35 year tribute. #PotterBirthday

Beginnings and endings from the beginning to the ending...

Today is a very special day for all the amazing people in the world who are celebrating today. And if you still don't know what I'm talking about, I beg you, PLEASE wake up! Today Harry Potter turns 35 years old! And now I'm going to shriek in excitement:- EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, got that out of my system. Now, where was I? Right.

To say that  I'm a Potterhead is most likely the understatement of the year. The book series are my sole reason of existence. And to explain this to people who have never understood the need and beauty of Harry Potter; or the even worse type, those who ACTUALLY find it boring, is well, to put it lightly, EXCRUCIATING. 

You don't know WHY it is so much better than the movies. Or how we grew up, along with the characters of that beautiful dimension. I cried with those people, I laughed with them, I mourned with them, I celebrated with them, I lived with them.

Don't tell me they're not real. Don't tell me the movies were better. Don't tell me it's immature. Don't tell me there are other works worth reading. Because guess what? No matter how old I am, or how messed I am, I can always pick up those books and lose myself in them and feel like I belong. You wouldn't know that, I don't blame you. Muggles usually don't know very much.

Harry Potter Inspired Subway Sign 11" x 14" Poster. $15.00, via Etsy.

And no matter what happens, there won't go a day when I don't remember you. I will never forget the way, Neville loves his parents, or that time Dumbledore gifted Harry the Invisibility cloak, or the countless times when Percy made a fool of himself and yet how we missed him when he left the family; or Fred's jokes, or every Quidditch game, or Dean's subtle soccer reference, or Hermione's frustration at people not loving books as much as she does, or Sirius, or the loss of Tom Riddle's childhood, or my hatred for Snake, or Dmbledore's funeral, or the way Sirius died, in battle, or Molly killing Bellatrix, or losing Fred.

I think I'm too deep to come out and I know I don't want to. So, thank you ever so very much Ms. Rowling for giving me a gift I cannot imagine living without. Here's wishing you a Happy Birthday and hoping that you keep on writing.

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment