Wednesday, 29 July 2015

My Open Letter To Vivienne Westwood




Dear Dame Westwood,

Before I begin with the issue I would like to talk on, I want to confess how nervous I actually am. You see, I am a HUGE Vivienne Westwood fan. She is on the list of people I look up to. So yes, I am aware that she is probably never going to read this, but what comes on the internet, stays on the internet. And I'll most probably make a fool of myself.

But I think I've rambled enough, so I'll now get to the point. I cannot stress the importance of stopping Shell from destroying the arctic. And I'm so grateful that you're doing this. If the Shell drills in the Arctic, the rate of global warming will speed up almost double. The ice sheets will melt. Millions of life forms will be destroyed. Sea levels will rise all around the world significantly. Very soon, our planet won't be like the one we know. It would be worse than how it's portrayed in the sci-fi shows. Because it would be REAL.
Nobody really realizes how serious the situation is. If we continue in this direction, we might not have a planet to live on. So, I'm extremely grateful to you for staring this whole campaign and making such a strand on it. You are truly what creativity is all about.

I sincerely hope that you continue doing all the amazing things that you do. It's people like you who restore my hope in humanity. That maybe there really is a future for our planet. But, we still have a long way to go because Shell is pretty determined to start drilling in the Arctic. And I hope that in this way we win our common fight and the Arctic is safe again.

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment