Friday, 12 June 2015

There is no excuse for rape.



So please don't try to justify someone's actions, it just sounds stupid. If we can't live without being frantic or constantly watching out for ourselves I don't think it's very fair. I myself cannot feel completely safe anywhere. Not at school. Not in the library. Not anywhere. I do agree that men are abused too. And it's even more difficult for them to speak up about it than it is for us (not that we have it easy, you know).

It's like we're oppressed even though we're free. How s it a girl's fault if I guy ogles her on the basis of what she's wearing? I mean, at the beach all the guys are shirtless, we don't sexually abuse them do we? So it's basically alright for men to wear whatever they want, but we should be restricted to the clothing "they" think is alright for us.

Then on the other hand, people need to understand that not all women who choose to cover themselves are oppressed. I'm a hijabi, I wear a headscarf because I like it. Not because the male members of my family force me to do so.

I basically wrote this because this has been on my mind for SUCH a long time. So when I saw this on facebook, and I just had to write about it.

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment