Wednesday, 17 June 2015

On Re-Reading The Princess Diaries

The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. | 13 Books Every '00s Teen Girl Has Read



So last week I started re-reading the Princess Diaries series all over again. Yes, I like them. No I don't think the titular character is a shallow blonde.

She happens to be the strongest fictional YA teen I know (in the humour non fictional world fictional characters list). Here's why:

1. She's a member of Greenpeace for crying out loud! An active one at that. Being a freelance member of Greenpeace myself, there is one fundamental rule I have learnt: No members of Greenpeace are dumb or self absorbed.

2.She's a very cool teenager. So cut her some slack, because she is a teenager after all.

3. She has very strong opinions and she tries her best to stand up for them.

4. She's friendly and doesn't take shit from bullies.

5. She's very insecure, just like the rest of us and don't forget that the princess gig is NOT a piece of cake.

6. She puts up with her crazy family and needs credit for that.

7. I don't know about everyone else, but as a teenager born in the 2000's; I was introduced to the Princess Diaries as an essential ritual of entering teenagehood.

8. She freaks out all the time. It makes her non perfect and ergo, so much more relatable. I like it that she's always over reacting instead of being a calm, perfectly classed princess.

9. She's an animal lover. Remember how much she loves Fat Louie? Anyone who treats their pets right is a good human being in my eyes.

10. She stands up for herself, even though its not easy to do that most of the time. Especially if your best friend is an over achieving, dominating genius.

And I could go on and on....

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment