Saturday, 16 May 2015

Dear Maria Count Me In - All Time Low


Any human being who happens to have a good taste in music, would definitely recognize this. And if you don't, you really need to hear this song. It's about the boys at a strip club and how they fall in love with a stripper named Maria. How, she contains such a powerful magnetism in herself, that people can't resist, but fall in love with her.

Now, I, am a cynic. I don't believe in love at first sight or even the concept of soul mates or the "other half" of a person bull crap. I'm a lot like Remy Starr, the fictional heroine from Sarah Dessen's beautiful book, This Lullaby. No, I'm not an uber gorgeous California girl. Nor did my mother get married five times, or is a bestselling romance novelist.

My mother, is hopelessly, head over heels in love with my father. They've been together for 16 years and still act like two sixteen year old's in love. I know, mental gag!! So, what's stopping me from falling in love with the next guy I meet? Good question. And for the first time, I have an answer for that sardonic comment.

#1: THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO LIFE THAN LOVE.
Yeah I know what you're thinking, loser who has never had a boyfriend. To all those judgmental people, I actually have had plenty of boyfriends. And I realized that I can have so much more fun if I'm single. 

#2: WE ARE ON THIS PLANET FOR A VERY SHORT TIME.
I mean, we could all die tomorrow. Right? So what would you like to boast about more, I was in love with the single most amazing man alive, OR, I went bungee jumping and learnt how to flirt in five different languages? I mean, I can get married and all that when I'm an old corporate tabby cat. Right now, I'd rather drown myself in my wild, uncontrollable, teenage bliss.

#3: THIS QUOTE:

 It's a very difficult era in which to be a person, just a real, actual person, instead of a collection of personality traits selected from an endless Automat of characters. 
And if all of us are play-acting, there can be no such thing as a soul mate, because we don't have genuine souls. 
Yes, I do love quoting Gone Girl.

#4: YOU CANNOT FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE YOU JUST MET.
It's creepy, scary and disturbingly stupid to all kinds of levels.

#5: I DON'T THINK YOU NEED ANOTHER REASON BUT......
Real guys are not as HOT as fictional characters. Period.

And, wow......that's really long post. Which no one is really gong to read, but we literati people like to think that millions of people read our work and appreciate it silently. A lot like, Accio Audience! Kidding!

Yours,
Zoe Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment